Recreational Trails in Georgina - Get Out, Get Active & Enjoy the Beauty of Autumn all Around You!
Many Georgina residents take full advantage of our amazing recreational trails all around the area. Others, have little idea just how many exist! There are so many leisurely activities to do around Georgina, and we could all use more physical activity incorporated into our daily routines. So, I’m writing this to showcase some ideas to get you outside and moving on a regular basis. Let’s talk about how many recreational walking trails there actually are around us, in which you can utilize everyday, all year round! Now, these can vary from Parkettes, Dog Parks, Biking Trails and more. It’s just an idea to get to know what’s out there, so you can pick up and go anytime, with anyone! To name a few:
· Ravenshoe Trailhead at Ravenshoe & McCowan Rd
· Sibbald Point Provincial Park at 26071 Park Rd, just North of Black River Rd in Sutton
· Duclos Point Provincial Nature Reserve, Highway 48, Pefferlaw
· Georgina Leash Free Dog Park at 685 Lake Dr S in Keswick, just North of Ravenshoe
· Vista Park at 68 West Park Heights at Ravenshoe & The Queensway, Keswick
· The ROC (Recreational Outdoor Centre) at 26479 Civic Centre Rd, Keswick
· Pefferlaw Tract at 24408 Lake Ridge Rd
There are so many great options here to get you outside! You can bike, hike or take a leisurely stroll. Grab a friend, bring your dog, or take your family out for a nice afternoon stroll. Pack a picnic, bring the sunscreen (and probably the mosquito repellent in warmer months), and don’t forget to pack the frisbee, baseball gloves, and soccer ball. Get out there, get moving, and have some fun with your loved ones!
Written By: Shawna Lloyd (email@example.com)