The Jennifer Jones Team
Little Drops of Goodness - Lemon Amaretti Cookies!
These easy peasy lemon Italian cookies are out of this world! This is a must try!
Total Time: 35 mins
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup powdered sugar (for rolling)
Easy Peasy Instructions
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with a baking mat or parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour and sugar; set aside.
- In a large bowl, using a handheld mixer, whisk the eggs whites and cream of tartar until they hold peaks. Whisk in the lemon zest and juice until just combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and use a spoon to stir until all ingredients are combined and a dough forms.
- Place the powdered sugar in a small bowl. Use a small cookie scoop to scoop out 1 inch balls of dough. Use your hands to roll the dough into a ball shape. Then roll the ball in powdered sugar just to coat. Place the cookie on the baking sheet leaving about an inch and a half between each cookie.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the bottom of the cookies are lightly golden and the tops of the cookies start to crack. Remove from the oven and cool on the baking sheet before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
Now it’s time to eat, you won’t be able to just have a few!
Written by: Caroline Gawlik (firstname.lastname@example.org)