Grinch Themed Movie Night!
It is that time of year to snuggle up and enjoy a movie night with your friends and loved ones. Why not jazz it up a little with a themed movie night! I chose one of my favorites – The Grinch. Now it would not be a proper movie night without some snacks. So, I have included a few snacking options for you guys: Grinch Cookies, Grinch Fruit Kabobs and Grinch Hot Vanilla Milk. Yuuuummmm!!!
I hope you all enjoy this fun idea and remember to cherish these memories with those closest to you this time of year.
“Maybe Christmas (he thought) doesn’t come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps means a little bit more.” — The Grinch
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Chill Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 50 Minutes
Yeild: 24 Cookies
· 1 box french vanilla cake mix, dry mix only
· 1/2 cup vegetable oil
· 2 eggs
· green food coloring, 1 drop
· 1/2 cup Powdered sugar, or more for dusting
· Sprinkles or candies, large heart-shaped
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. In the bowl of your mixer, cream together cake mix, food coloring, oil, and eggs.
3. Drop by tablespoon into confectioners sugar.
4. Chill dough balls for 20 minutes before transferring to a baking sheet to bake.
5. Place on baking sheet and press in 1 large heart candy/sprinkle.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes until just set.
7. Cool 3-4 minutes on pan before removing to cool completely on a wire rack. Sprinkle with more powdered sugar if desired.
Special thanks to: https://www.inkatrinaskitchen.com/grinch-cookies
GRINCH FRUIT KABOBS
Total Time: 10 Minutes
· Mini Marshmallows
1. Wash the fruit
2. Cut Banana into thin round slices
3. Cut Strawberries so the thicker part is flat to look like the red part of a Santa hat
4. On each toothpick, assemble your kabob as follows: one mini marshmallow, one strawberry, one banana and one grape
5. Enjoy and refrigerate leftovers
Special thanks to: https://www.momables.com/grinch-fruit-kabobs/
GRINCH HOT VANILLA MILK
Total Time: 10 Minutes
· Milk (use whichever milk you desire, 1%, 2%, Almond Milk, Coconut Milk, etc.)
· Sugar (optional)
· Vanilla Extract
· Yellow Food Coloring
· Blue Food Coloring
· Whipped Cream
· Red Sprinkles
1. Add two cups of milk for every serving to a medium pan.
2. Begin to heat milk on medium low heat.
3. Add vanilla and sugar to taste. (We added 1 teaspoon vanilla per cup of milk.)
4. Add a couple drops of yellow food coloring and one drop of blue to make it Grinch green.
5. Stir until the sugar and the vanilla are mixed and the milk has heated but has not started to boil.
6. Top it off with some whipped cream and red sprinkles. Enjoy!
Special thanks to: https://www.twosisterscrafting.com/grinch-hot-vanilla-milk/
Written by: Danica Krstonosic (firstname.lastname@example.org)