10 Tips for a Kitchen Refresh on a Budget!
Are you wanting to upgrade your kitchen? Is a brand-new kitchen not in your budget? Consider these tips to refresh your kitchen on a budget!
1. Paint the cabinets! Replacing them can cost upwards of $7000. I know it may seem like a lot of work but hiring someone to paint them will also be costly. A coat of paint can really change the look and feel of your kitchen. We recommend using light and bright colours such as white, off-white, cream, or light grey. This will give your kitchen a modern and spacious look.
2. Replace the hardware! Sometimes what is aging your kitchen cabinets is the outdated hardware! You can swap out all the old ones with a modern set for as little as $100.
3. Add a backsplash! By simply adding (or replacing) the backsplash, you can really add a “wow” factor to your kitchen.
4. Use a DIY Countertop kit to re-do counter tops! It’s an easy way to update the countertops without the major price tag.
5. Replace the light fixtures! Lighting can improve the colour scheme and reflect a new design. It is an easy and economical way to refresh and brighten the kitchen.
6. Replace the flooring! Floors are one of the most important features in a home. It brings together all the elements in a space and significantly impacts the aesthetic of the home. Floors can really change the look of a room; it can make the space look warmer, larger and luxe!
7. Replace the sink and faucet! A shiny new sink, along with a new faucet, will boost your kitchen’s appeal as much as new flooring and appliances, and for considerably less money.
8. Add a rug! Try bringing in a rug to your space, one with a pop of colour, pattern or texture to spruce up the room.
9. Add some shelving! Using open shelving can be an affordable way to give your kitchen a new look as well as the illusion of more space. We recommend adding some decorative and useful items to the shelving.
10. Use some greenery! Simply adding some fresh flowers or plants to the kitchen will liven up and freshen the space. Plants create a clean and healthy environment. You can utilize the windowsill, opt for a hanging plant, or add a fresh bouquet.
Have fun and be creative!
Written By: Lauren Vollick (firstname.lastname@example.org)